Welcome to Creative Externalities
My name is Ben Young Landis. Welcome to my portfolio and philosophy.
Creative Externalities is the absolute expression of my desire to serve the world. I want to help individuals and institutions with inspiring missions tell their great story and share their important message. My work and my clients are as diverse as the world around us, with examples such as:
- Designing memorable brands for a family-owned organic fruit grower
- Facilitating an intimate collaborative workshop for energy and environment professionals
- Leading communications strategy retreats for a government agency quality assurance unit
- Training researchers and students in conversational scicomm with policymakers
- Advising a #MedEdTech startup in creating an interactive conference exhibit experience
- Penning immersive feature stories on community collaborations in environmental health
- Helping social impact professionals articulate their identity through coaching and resume editing
What unites these varied pursuits is my philosophy of generating Creative Externalities. In everything that I set out to do, I am confident that the end product will provide value to the client. But, I am also hopeful that our effort will affect further ripples of positive good for many others more. The societal benefits and intrinsic beauty produced from one creative effort or design will, in turn, radiate further out into the world.
So, browse my portfolio — let's talk about how we can work together. With graphic design, copywriting, executive writing, branding strategy, communications coaching, and other creative services, I have the artistic, scientific, and political insight to solve your unique challenge.
Thank you for visiting. I look forward to working with you.